Getting ungated on Amazon involves a few steps that you need to follow to gain access to certain product categories that are restricted by Amazon for safety and legal reasons. Here are the steps you can follow to get ungated on Amazon:
- Determine the product category you want to sell in: Before applying for ungating, you need to determine the product category that you want to sell in, and make sure that it is a gated category.
- Gather the required documents: Amazon may require certain documentation to verify your identity and business information, including a government-issued ID, tax ID, and business license.
- Submit the ungating request: Go to the Amazon seller central and click on the ‘Account Info’ tab. From there, click on the ‘Request Category Approval’ link. Fill in the required information and attach the necessary documents.
- Wait for approval: Once you have submitted your ungating request, it will take Amazon anywhere from a few hours to a few days to review and approve it.
- Be a good seller: Once you are ungated, make sure to maintain good seller standards and adhere to Amazon’s policies and guidelines to avoid losing your ungated status.
Note: Unsuccessful ungating requests may be due to a variety of reasons, such as a lack of sufficient documentation, previous policy violations, or high levels of customer complaints.
By following these steps and being a responsible seller, you can successfully get ungated on Amazon and expand your business opportunities.